Philadelphia YMF Members,
June marked the start of a new term for our Board. I am pleased to welcome seven new members to our 25-volunteer roster: Zach Abbas (Gannett Fleming), Kerianne Chen (Traffic Planning and Design), Alexis Gawelko (Gannett Fleming), Kevin Malley (Philadelphia Water Department), Elvira-Marie Mikhael (Traffic Planning and Design), Matthew Reese (Urban Engineers), and Anthony Rizzo (Pennoni).
It's a privilege to lead this team of A-listers, especially as we transition out of the virtual environment that branded our last 2 1/2 years of programming. Our YMF’s core objectives are as follows:
- To supplement activities of the ASCE Philadelphia Section in furthering the Society's aims and programs, particularly with reference to younger members.
- To provide networking opportunities.
- To foster social fellowship among younger members.
- To interact with schools and the general public to promote civil engineering.
- To enhance career development.
(1) To increase our engagement with at-large members.
(2) To develop diverse and inclusive programming.
(3) To add to our student member initiatives.
(4) To partner with local organizations sharing mutual objectives.
Timothy S Abel
President, ASCE Philadelphia YMF
Read Past Presidents' Messages